Monday, November 12, 2007

Victory. . . and a promise kept.

Have you ever found that it is easy to keep promises to other people, but sometimes not so easy to keep promises to yourself?? Well, it has been a problem for me, probably only me, some kind of character flaw? Anyway, about 6 weeks ago I promised myself that I would walk at least 30 minutes a day three times a week. Simple, yes, easy, not always.

For a reason I will leave out here, my "promise" week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. This week I had trouble from the start but had two days down by Thursday evening. Now its SUNDAY and I KNEW I had to do the last walk. Well, below you can see I had a great day and I didn't get home until after 7 and it felt like 10 p.m. (I know, it wasn't).

Anyway, I was sitting on the couch and REALLY grappling with this. I was trying to rationalize skipping it, forgive myself in advance, promise to make it up next week. . . and then I remembered that I had PROMISED myself that I would do this. FINALLY, at 10:45 p.m I did it - I got up - put on several layers of clothes (hey, its 40 degrees out there!)and walked the neighborhood for 40 minutes.

For me. . . this is SO HUGE. Major personal let down averted! Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is exactly what you have to do, because once you don't meet that goal it is just the beginning. Keep up the good work.