Monday, November 19, 2007

Vacation Day One. . . and Taco Bell. . .

What a great day. Slept in, met a great friend for lunch and a walk and then spent time with my Grandmother and Aunt - I am a lucky guy. After that, dinner with my parents and a low key evening. Not alot of excitement for you, but it was a nice day for me.

For those who don't know, I started a diet 8 or 9 weeks ago. The diet I started is Weight Watchers On-line - I like it because I don't have to go to meetings, and I can keep track of what I eat on-line. The Weight Watchers diet is amazing, it really seems like a lifestyle change that can be made for a lifetime. Anyway, one of the things is you can eat anything. . . pretty much. . . you just have to count the points.

Tonight, I got to thinking, I wonder if there is anything I can eat at Taco Bell? I gave up a 3 - 4 (ok maybe 5 - 6) time per week habit when I started this diet. I am not saying that I can't live without my Taco Bell fix, it was just an innocent thought. To be clear, I really like Taco Bell and I know there are ways to eat things on the menu that are "healthy", it's just not as good as the full "unhealthy" stuff. But, this is what I found. . . any two items that I would normally have eaten for lunch had almost 30 grams of fat and *** 3,000 **** mg. of SODIUM. THINK ABOUT THAT - I gave up 3,000 mg. of sodium X 5 or 6 days a week X 9 weeks ago. THAT is alot of salt. . .

My blood pressure seems to be a little low and I have gotten dizzy a couple times in the last few weeks. . . losing weight and starting to work out is why I thought this happened. . . could it be 135,000 mg. less of sodium in the last 9 weeks. . . yes yes. . . I am going to the doctor to have my blood sugar AND blood pressure checked.

No comments: