Monday, November 19, 2007

"Home" again. . .

Driving home (back to Fresno) was a blast. Normally, I am on the cell phone whenever I am doing this drive. This time, I had a thirty minute praise and worship CD from my church which I pretty much listened to over and over. What an awesome way to cruise along, praising the Lord. Did I mention how incredibly talented the worship team vocalists and band are? They are a great blessing. Anyway, the drive was beautiful in many ways. BTW, missed my church home this weekend!

Wow, nice to be back in Fresno. Dinner with my sister last night and then to my parent's place. We went to church this morning and then had a great lunch (thanks Dad). After that, watching Nascar and Jimmy Johnson win the championship. Very cool and very relaxed.

Went to Cheesecake Factory tonight with a couple of friends. Go ahead, find something to eat there on a diet. :-) Well, I think I did ok. My latest realization, when I set down to eat, I can choose the food I should eat OR I can choose to eat what I shouldn't. . . either way, when I am done, I will be full (or at least not hungry) and satisfied. So, why would I eat things that aren't good for me?? Pretty powerful. . . how is it that it took me 45 years to figure that out. And, would someone remind me of this if I forget it. Vacation is in full swing. . more later.

No comments: