Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MAC??!! really? . . . yep.

There is no one more surprised that I bought a mac than me.  I just can't tell you how much fun I'm having.  When I get home, I jump on the mac and its like being on vacation!  You know, fun, different, exciting, fun, interesting, fast, fun.  So, you get the point. 

Last Saturday a friend of mine was having trouble with her computer.  Well, I wanted to help, but it was a Vista machine.  Though I have used Windows for almost 20 years, I have been on Vista for about 10 minutes.  Would you believe they even changed the way you turn off the machine?? I literally put the machine in hibernate thinking I was turning it off. . . which brings me one of the main reason I changed to mac. . . if I have to find everything I want to do in a new operating system, it may as well be a TRULY new operating system.

Some of the things I like about my mac:
1.  FAST booting up, restarting and shutting down.  Really fast.  Boots up in about 20 seconds.
2.  Widgets. . . yes, I know you can get them with Google desktop, but after you load G-desktop in Windows, well then Outlook doesn't work right.
3.  Safari. . . yes, I know you can now get Safari for Windows, and you should try it, but I first found it on the mac.
4.  iLife - now that is a REAL media center.  Everything is integrated, need a photo on your email template?  just drag it over.
5.  Time Machine - what backup for computers should be.
6.  iTunes / iPod - yep, just bought an iPod too and iTunes screams on the mac. . . simply put, its the way it was meant to be.

So, there's 6 reasons.  I'll give you more later.  Did I mention I am having FUN again using my computer?

No comments: