Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grumble no more. . .

So last Tuesday morning, I was feeling particularly overwhelmed and out of control at work.  There are lots of "good" reasons for this, but on this morning, I chose to be outwardly frustrated.  I realized in the middle of it, that I could make a better choice than to be frustrated and I began re-choosing right away.  However, God wasn't done teaching me this day.

My "Advanced Leadership" Growth Group was Tuesday night and the verses were from Numbers 13 - 14 (see verses here).  You probably know the story well enough.  Moses and Aaron send 12 men into the Promised Land to investigate and all but Joshua and Caleb come back saying "Beautiful place, too dangerous".  Joshua and Caleb basically say, "If the Lord is pleased with us He will surely give us the land", sort of a "LET'S DO IT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD"  To which the Israelites desire to stone them.

But the part that JUMPED off the page at me on this particular day is Numbers 14:1-4. . . the Israelites are grumbling profusely, and in the end, whining that they should pick a leader and go back to Egypt. . . and slavery.  And my heart sank.  Is this what I sound like??  

God had done miracles for the Israelites and they doubted Him.  
Grumbling = Doubting God . . . 
honestly, no part of me EVER saw it that way. . . but I do now.  

If I believe God is with me, then I believe God is in the details of my life.  
SO WHY would I chose to grumble?  

Ouch.  I won't be grumbling anymore. . . what about you?



No comments: