Monday, February 02, 2009

Blogging. . .

So I was talking to a friend today and she was dreading the idea of a blog on her business website. . . well, I know this person to be articulate and interesting, excellent in business with lots to share, and a wonderful person to be around. . . So I was telling her the most important thing in blogging is to be consistent and be "to the point" . . . funny, I decided to take my own advice.

Consistent. . . once or twice a week is enough. OK, once is good, twice is better and anything over that is bonus. Not sure why I don't take that advice. I tend to go in spurts, 5 in a week and then none for a year. And I know from experience that I enjoy reading what someone has to say a few times a week. More than that is either bonus or boring. . .

"To the point". . . two or three paragraphs, perfect. We always think we need to write a novel. My "friends" tell me that more than a few paragraphs and it better be riveting to read or I lost'em. . . once again, I tend to write novels when I finally do write. . . So taking my own advice, this is long enough.

What about you? What do you think about blogging? Do you write one? Do you read many? How long? How often?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Well not sure what you are thinking now but it was nice to read about more of you. It's been awhile since you blog so it will be funny for you to see what I say today.

I have been wanting a Mac and I hope to convert very soon.

I hope you are feeling more at home.

The Loving and Caring Adrienne

Anonymous said...

i was just wondering... are you Mike Enos the former sports entertainer? Just because you have the same name and around the same age...