Friday, May 30, 2008

The experience of moving. . .

So, I am cheating a little bit here. Read a friends blog and it made me think about my experience of moving to a new town, in a new state, alone, at 46 years old (yes, yes, really). It's one of those hard things that I don't give myself credit for accomplishing.

Here are my thoughts as I wrote them - as honest as I can be:
Moved here a little over a year ago. . . didn't know anyone except those I worked with. I was certain it was the direction that God was leading me. Of course, that didn't make it easy. It is taking some time to adjust.

I think the hardest thing is having nobody around that I have history with, that knows me at more than a surface level. And apparently I am used to speaking in less than complete sentences and being understood, because I often feel the need to "explain" myself lately.

I have a peace and a confidence that I am where I am supposed to be and i don't "need" to know where God is leading me this time (incredible, finally growing up). I feel like a little kid with my eyes bugging out looking ahead in great expectation and letting God unfold the next chapter in front of me.

So, it's been hard, it's been lonely at times, but I don't want to be anywhere else for the moment. Trusting the Lord to direct my steps

No comments: